1. The average amount of time spent kissing for a person in a lifetime is 20,160 minutes. That’s 336 hours, 14 days or two weeks.
2. There are roughly 100 million acts of sexual intercourse each day.
3. On average, adult men think about sex every seven seconds.
4. Ninety percent of men and 65% of women masturbate.
5. According to a 2007 worldwide sex survey, the average age when people first have sex is 19.25. The survey also found that people in Asian countries tended to lose their virginity at a much later age (an average of 22) than those in Western cultures (an average of 18).
6. Throughout the world, approximately 25% of people report having had only one sexual partner.
7. Throughout the world, 21% of people report having more than 10 sexual partners in their lifetime
8. Fifty-three percent of sexually active Americans claim to have sex at least once weekly.
9. Forty-eight percent of Americans report being satisfied with their sex life.
10. On average, people across the world spend 19.7 minutes on foreplay. Men claim to spend more time than women, 20.2 minutes and 18.8 minutes respectively.
11. The average woman will have sex more than 3,000 times over the course of her reproductive years.
12. One in four men switches the light off during sex.
13. Men have an average of 11 erections per day.
14. Heterosexual anal sex is something 43% of women have experienced.
15. For 75% of men, ejaculation occurs within three minutes of penetration.
16. Sex burns off an average of about 200 calories per 30-minute session.
17. Having sex at least once per week can lower a man’s risk of heart disease by 30%, stroke by 50%, and diabetes by 40%. It has also been shown that men with an active sex life are more likely to live past 80 years.
18. During sexual intercourse, in addition to the genitals and breasts, the inner nose also swells.
19. For both men and women, the heart rate averages 140 beats per minute at the point of orgasm.
20. Sperm contains proteins that have the same anti-wrinkle effect as moisturizers that tighten skin and give an instant facelift.
21. A teaspoon of semen contains approximately five calories.
22. Semen contains zinc and calcium, both of which are proven to prevent tooth decay.
23. The longest erect penis on record was 13 inches. The smallest was 1cm.
24. With nothing in its path, a penis can shoot semen anywhere from 12 to 24 inches.
25. Nearly half of men think their penis is too small. But most women are very satisfied with their man’s love muscle.
26. When a man ejaculates, the initial spurt travels at 28 mph – faster than the world record for the 100m sprint.
27. Twenty-five percent of all penises are bent when erect.
28. The average length of a fully erect penis is 5 inches, with 90% of men averaging between 5 inches and 7 inches.
29. During ejaculation, a healthy, fertile man releases between 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon of semen, containing about 300 million sperm.
30. On average, from 2 to 5 million sperm are released each time a man ejaculates.
31. The average adult testicle contains enough sperm to measure a quarter of a mile laid out end to end.
32. The average clitoris has 8,000 nerve endings, about twice as many as the penis.
33. Women who have given birth have darker labia minora than women who haven’t.
34. A woman’s vagina is about 3 to 4 inches in length but expands during intercourse.
What a Bod!
35. When a woman is aroused, her breasts can increase in size by up to 25%.
36. The testes increase in size by 50% when a man is sexually aroused.
Facts on Faking It
37. Forty-eight percent of women and men have faked an orgasm at least once in their life.
38. Four in 10 women have faked orgasm in the last 12 months, while only 17% of men have admitted to faking it in the same time frame.
39. Almost 70% of women don’t reach orgasm during sexual intercourse.
40. Dr. John Harvey Kellogg invented Corn Flakes as a way to reduce sexual thoughts.
41. Chocolate contains phenylethylamine, the same feel-good chemical responsible for the ecstatic high people experience during sex.
Sex, No Lies, and Videotape
42. Former porn star and Singapore born Grace Quek aka ‘Annabel Chung’ became a record breaker on Jan. 19, 1995 at the tender age of 22 for engaging in 251 sex acts with about 70 men over a ten-hour period. The event was filmed for a documentary The World’s Biggest Gang Bang.
43. Marilyn Monroe had problems reaching orgasm.
44. The most successful X-rated movie of all time is Deep Throat.
Wild Animal Sex
45. The black widow spider eats her mate during or after sex and can consumer as many 20 lovers in a single day.
46. Aside from humans, dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
47. Almost a third of all women over 80 years of age still have sex with their spouse or boyfriend.
48. Seventy-three percent of 70-year-old men are still potent.
Fact, Fallacy or Fantasy?
49. Two in 50 people claim to have had sex in an airplane.
Yet They Don’t Frown on Copulating Cousins
50. Sex toys and vibrators are banned in shops in Alabama and Mississippi