The Big ‘O’
2. During orgasm, the brain is flooded with oxytocin, a brain chemical that inspires feelings of intimacy.
3. Women are more likely to orgasm just before or on their period. Increased blood flow in the pelvic area and lubrication increases pleasure.
4. Women who experience orgasms will orgasm 81% of the time during oral sex.
5. During an orgasm the brain is 95% similar as to someone on heroin.
6. Not only does orgasm activate the pleasure center, it also causes our minds to temporarily lose control.
7. Orgasms can lower a woman’s risk of heart disease, stroke, breast cancer and depression.
8. Although multiple orgasms are generally associated with the female sexual experience, 15-20% of men enjoy them
9. Seventy-five percent of men reach orgasm consistently in their sex lives, while just 50% of women claim the same.
10. The more orgasms you have, the longer you’re likely to live.
11. Some women experience better orgasms when they are pregnant
12. Cleopatra allegedly used a hollow gourd full of angry bees as a vibrator.
13. According to a study done by the University of South Wales, the Taiwanese use vibrators more than anyone else
14. Twenty percent of women masturbate once every seven days.
15. Seventy-eight percent of women who use sex toys are in a relationship.
16. Twenty percent of men have used a vibrator.
17. After fingers and vibrators, candles are the phallic objects used most often by female masturbators.
18. The chastity belt was invented in 1100 in Europe.
19. About one out of every 5 million males is born without a penis.
20. In Jamaica. an erotic dance called “Daggering” was banned from TV after causing broken penises.
21. Men experience an average of four to five erections during sleep.
22. About 20-30% of men experience premature ejaculation.
23. In Thailand, men are offered free vasectomies on the king’s birthday. Often, more than 1,000 are performed in his honor.
25. Seventy-five percent of men reach orgasm after two minutes or less of masturbation.
What a Bod!
27. The average vagina is three to four inches long but can expand by 200 percent when sexually aroused.
28. The impulse to ejaculate comes from the spinal cord.
29. The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue.
30. The Khosian women of southern Africa have elongated labia that can hang up to four inches past the vulva.
31. Stimulation of female nipples causes goose bumps in the genitals.
32. Scientific tests have found that when women make love they produce amounts of the hormone estrogen, which makes hair shine and skin smooth.
33. Men are four times more likely to sleep naked than women.
34. Sixty-six percent of women say they would be insulted if a coworker asked them to have sex.
35. Seventy-five percent of Australians have had sex in car.
36. The average couple has sex 139 times a year, or a little more than twice a week.
37. The Greeks enjoy more sex than any other nationality. They’re followed closely by the Croatians.
39. The Aztecs used to call avocadoes “testicle trees” because they grew in pairs.
40. Figs have plenty of amino acids that increase libido.
41. Humans aren’t the only species that partake in oral sex; cheetahs, hyenas, and goats all go down too.
42. Notorious BIG’s interlude on “Ready to Die” was an audio recording of him getting a blow job in the recording studio.
43. Oral sex was illegal in Canada until 1969.
44. The word pornographic comes from the Greek word meaning “the writing of prostitutes.”
45. Experiencing “butterflies of love” might sound romantic, but in France the phrase papillion d’amour means having pubic lice.
47. Performing the act of fellatio burns anywhere from 30-50 calories per session.
48. In 423 BC, the middle finger gesture was first used in a Greek play. The gesture referred to a male who submits to anal penetration
49. Ninety-five percent of women shave their privates and only 16% of men do.
It’s a Gas, Gas, Gas
50. Thirty-seven percent of people say they have farted during sex.
For more fun sex facts, check out Fifty Fun Sex Facts.