I’ve only had my blog up for less than two months and two of my very first followers, Kayla Lords, the blogger of A Sexual Being, and Joseph McNamara, the blog master of his self-titled blog, have already nominated me for a Liebster Award.
Liebster, which is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome, is what this award for and is aptly named. It’s given by bloggers to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Of course I’m going to pass along the pats on the back to other bloggers I’ve discovered, follow and keep in touch with. After all, running a sex/erotica blog can be an isolating hobby at times.
Here are the rules for keeping the good karma going:
• When one receives the award, one posts eleven random facts about oneself and answers the eleven questions asked by the person who nominated them.
• Pass the award onto eleven other blogs and make sure that they were nominated.
• Write eleven new questions directed towards my nominees.
• Nominees are not allowed to nominate the blog/blogger that nominated me for the award. (Sorry, Kayla and Joseph!)
• Paste the award picture onto my blog. (You can Google the image. There are plenty of them.)
Eleven Random Facts About Me
1. Early May is my favorite time of year. I love how everything is fresh, yellow-y green, and something new sprouts and takes bloom every day.
2. When I was a high school, I dreamed of being a music journalist for Rolling Stone.
3. I’m a big fan of torchy jazz standards.
4. I get a big kick out of celebrating birthdays, even mine.
5. I’m a semi-serious foodie but I hate cooking just for myself.
6. I’m a die-hard romantic.
7. I’m probably not as young as you think I am. I’m closer to 50 than 40.
8. Politically, I’m socially liberal, especially when it comes to women’s and GLBT rights.
9. I never discovered my sexual side until my early 30’s.
10. If you saw me on the street, you’d probably mistake me for a typical suburban housewife.
11. I had a near-death experience almost three years ago, and I cherish every day no matter how awful it is.
Kayla’s Questions for Me
1.How would other people describe you?
Those who don’t know me well say I’m proper and polite. Those who know me best say I’m extremely intelligent and have a wild sense of humor.
2. How would you describe yourself?
I’m very much a one-on-one person. I prefer the company of one and no more than five or six people. Any more than that and I feel lost in the conversation.
3. What do you love to do?
Aside from writing about sex, what do you think?
4. What do you hate to do?
Job hunting, bill paying and invoicing.
5. What do you dream of doing with your life and are you working towards that dream?
I’d love to ditch the day-to-day grind and make a living out of writing eloquent smut for a living. Some people think I spend way too much time on my own writing. I disagree. It’s a work-hobby I love.
Yesterday afternoon when I saw this picture. (Yeah, that’s why I have the Seriously Sexy Fun page on my blog. I dig silly stuff like that.)
7. Who was your first love?
Danny, a boy I grew up with. He kissed me only once while watching a torrential summer thunderstorm at night when I was in the seventh grade. It was one of the sexiest kisses ever!
8. Who do you love now?
He who will not be named other than Parrot. His family, friends, clients and colleagues don’t need to know the intimate details of his life that often creep into my stories.
9. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I really had no clue until I was a teenager, and then I wanted to be a rock and roll journalist. (See No. 2 in Eleven Random Facts About Me.)
10. Who did you look up to as a child? Who was your hero?
My best friend’s mom. Not that I didn’t love my mom, but we could talk to each other in a way that my mom and I couldn’t.
11. What turns you on? What’s your kink? (You knew I had to ask – I write about SEX!)
I can be one to push my sexual limits, but nothing turns me on more than the first kisses and touches from my lover the first time I see him and whenever he’s in the mood.
Joseph’s Questions for Me
1. What do you think is your greatest accomplishment so far?
Being the mother of two sons who never gave me any problems as kids or teenagers (OK, maybe a few minor ones) and turned out to be awesome men.
2. What do you still want to accomplish?
3. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Barbies! As in multiple and the most awesome wardrobe created by my mom.
4. You can be a Disney villain princess for one day, which one and why?
That’s something I’ve never wanted to be. Luckily, I have someone in my life who treats me like a fairy tale princess.
5. What kind of vehicle do you drive?
A Chrysler Sebring.
6. What are you afraid of?
See Question 11.
7. Are you messy or a neat freak?
I’m comfortably somewhere in between.
8. What has been your favorite vacation?
Do I have to choose one? Picking one at random, I’d have to say a long weekend my lover and I spent in Napa Valley earlier this year.
9. Coffee or tea?
10. What was the best gift you were ever given?
A number of erotic stories my lover has written for me.
11. If you found out you were having a child, what would you name it?
See Question 6.
Questions for my nominees
1. Why do you blog?
2. What would you do if you couldn’t blog?
3. Are you out to friends and family about your blog, or do you enjoy reveling in the secrecy about what you write?
4. What is the most incredible experience of your life?
5. What is the last song you listened to?
6. What is the last thing you read?
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
8. If you could travel anywhere you want, who would you take with you?
9. How important is sex in your life?
10. What is your idea of the perfect date?
11. How do you imagine being 20 years from now?
Bad Penny’s Always to Blame!: Any woman thinking about exploring her submissive side needs to read and follow what Ms. Penelope has to say. Great wisdom. Great advice.
Erotic Smut Reviews: I swear Mrs. Smut and I must have been separated at birth! I love her matter-of-fact sex advice.
The Erotic Adventures of Betty B Good: Ms. Good is another woman I swear is another sister I never met. Her blog is a lot like mine, although I think she got more of a funny bone than I did. Or maybe she has more of them. Or maybe she gets more of them.
PJ Bayliss-Erotica Writing & Poetry: An up-and-coming BDSM writer whose prose and poetry is lush and sensual. He always leaves enough behind to want you begging for more.
Candid Sexual Confessions: I love reading this guy’s open diary about his sexual escapades and thoughts about sex. He’s a gentleman perv with a conscience. You can’t get sexier than that!
Danger Lust and Pressing Flesh: I’m lumping these three together because they’re all part of Dos Cleve’s online erotica empire and he’s Liebster enough to share the spotlight of his site to showcase other writers alongside what he writes. If you’re into the dark side of kink, give Danger Lush a read … that’s if you can finish a story without having to excuse yourself. If you’re into theme fantasy stories, check out what he has on Pressing Flesh.
Polly Patkin: I got to know Yasmin Cavendish, one of the two women behind Polly Patkin, during an interesting Twitter conversation a few weeks ago. It’s a site she shares with her sister, who’s also a writer. Yasmin is the author of two eBooks and shares some really hot and loving lesbian sex stories on her blog.
My Net World: I reached out to “Buck” a while ago to let him know he really needs to optimize his blog to make his writing more accessible. His stories are THAT good. Think Casino uncensored. Very uncensored. But … shhh … don’t tell anyone that deep down he’s a very Liebster kind of guy.
Liquid Matthew’s Development Blog: I love getting into this guy’s head to see how he thinks as an erotica writer. His blog is an open book about his writing process and what turns him on.
There’s another blog I’d like to publicly nominate, but it’s private. It’s a blog that my lover and I created to share written, audio and video stories that are inspired by our conversations and times we’ve had together. Some women like jewelry, some women like getting roses, but there are no more valuable gifts that I’ve ever received than the pieces he’s written and created for me. He’s also the best erotica writer I’ll ever read and lucky enough to know, which makes what he does for me even more special.
I know I’m not supposed to nominate Kayla or Joseph, but I still want you to check out their blogs.
A Sexual Being is an incredibly honest and open diary of Kayla’s journey as a submissive. Sometimes she makes me smile, sometimes she makes me cry, and at other times I want to reach out, give her a great big hug, and have a girl-to-girl heart-to-heart talk with her.
Joseph is another classy gentleman Dom. I can’t help the way he tugs at my heartstrings knowing he’s working on a book about his D/s relationship with his late wife. He has some really beautiful stories to share.